The TurboGears community is pleased to announced that TurboGears 1.0.6 has been released. This version is a maintenance release that fixes bugs & glitches found since the last two months.
We are really active at the moment working on the 1.1 branch which should enter beta tomorrow. The 1.1 release will be fully retro-compatible with the 1.0 branch but will propose important new things:
- SQLAlchemy as the default ORM
- Genshi has the default templating engine
- A new test system that is forward compatible with branch 1.5 & 2.0 (this is an important step toward migrating old applications written in 1.0 to 2.0 without breaking everything in the process)
- Drop the use of RuleDispatch and use Peak Rules instead (no more C compilation)
- Enhanced mod_wsgi compatibility to avoid past hacks that we had to do to deploy on Apache
Once 1.1 is out has a stable version we will encourage all 1.x users to go with this new version and to update their unit tests by following the TestMigration procedure.
A big work is undergoing also in the 1.5 branch to bring you CherryPy 3.1 support and further move TG into the WSGI realm.
Enjoy this new release and give feed-back in our mailing list!